EICMA 2010: BMW F 800 GS [Live Photos]
At the heart of the bike we find a two-cylinder 798cc DOHC engine that comes with 85 hp at 7,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 61 lb-ft (82 Nm) and works together with a six-speed transmission that features close ratios.
The front suspension uses a double-strut swing arm setup, while the rear one features a spring strut with adjustable spring pre-tension and adjustable rebound damping. Like we said, the spring travel is long, as the bike is designed to offer a high level of comfort.
Here is the full list of features for the BMW F 800 GS:
- F 800 GS as mid-class adventure-tourer with excellent offroad properties and long-distance capabilities.
- Liquid-cooled parallel twin with 798 cc capacity, four-valve technology and unique mass balance.
- Rev-proof DOHC valve drive via cam followers.
- Manifold injection with electronic engine management BMS-KP, lambda probe and regulated three-way catalytic converter plus secondary air system.
- Closely stepped six-speed transmission for excellent riding performance.
- Dirt-resistant secondary drive via O-ring chain.
- Torsion-resistant tubular steel frame with unusual gusset plate reinforcement of steering head.
- Easy handling and extremely tight turning circle.
- Stable telescopic fork, USD fork with upright tube diameter 45 mm.
- Double-strut swing arm in die-cast aluminum.
- Spring strut with adjustable spring pre-tension and adjustable rebound damping; WAD function (path-dependent damping as in the R 1200 GS).
- Long spring travel for comfort and offroad suitability.
- Excellent seat comfort for rider and passenger.
- Tank underneath seat, for best center of gravity, with easily accessible fill opening.
- Powerful braking system, with ABS if required.
- Air filter and battery positioned behind steering head for easy maintenance.
- Wide range of accessories for offroad and touring use.
- Valve timing like F 800 S
- Wide radiator
- Offroad-look fairing
- High windscreen
- USD telescopic fork
- WAD spring strut
- Spoked wheels
- 21-in front wheel
- Double-disc brake, floating, front
- Aluminum handlebar
- 880/850 mm seat height
- Ready-to-ride weight 207 kg (455 lbs)
❐ Check out the EICMA 2010: BMW F 800 GS [Live Photos] photo gallery