Confirmed: Alexander Mosley Died of Drug Overdose
39-year old Alexander was found dead by cleaner Samara Fadoti on May 5th, at his home in Notting Hill, West London.
The six drugs were heroin, amphetamines, ecstasy, tranquilizers ketamine and valium, while also traces of drug methadone (a well-known heroin substitute). According to a police report, the 39-year old was found dead while sitting at his computer, wearing nothing but his boxers and surrounded by “crack pipes, syringes, needles, powders and things used in the taking of drugs.”
“There was a computer mouse on the floor, a syringe, blood on the computer keyboard, a copy of the Financial Times and a spoon. His trousers were on the floor, there were more spoons and silver paper, unused needles, swabs, a sheaf of £20 notes, a pair of scissors and a tube with what appeared to be a controlled substance inside,” said policeman James Walsh, as reported by the Daily Mail.
“Alexander Mosley was found sitting at his desk with his computer on, wearing boxer shorts only. Around the desk nearby were crack pipes, syringes, needles, powders and things used in the taking of drugs. This was a tragic end for a man who in so many respects had much potential. Unfortunately, his propensity to return to taking drugs has caused his death at the age of only 39,” added the policeman.
Knapman revealed that Alexander Mosley has been through a long battle against drugs since the mid-90s (1994), when he first admitted he was using heroin.
“From that moment on he was engaged in a long battle with drugs and was receiving treatment in the UK, France and the U.S. Unfortunately in each case he would come off the drugs, manage to stay clean but then relapse. Recently he was prescribed methadone,” said Knapman.
The oldest of Max Mosley's sons was known to be a highly intelligent bachelor, who studied at PhD level at the University of London, as well as Oxford University. Recently, he ran a restaurant in London – Hereford Road – after previously working as a software programmer for IBM.