Clarkson’s Ex-Mitsubishi Starion Sold for Just $4,050
However, the 1991 Mitsubishi Starion sold for just $4,050.
The car has been refurbished to the condition prior to the race and it has a rebuilt engine, a new clutch, a body restoration and overhauled suspension, brakes and cooling system.
However, the car still has:
- the ex Pentti Airikkala Ralliart Turbo and performance exhaust that we fitted to the car for the show. Approx. 220 BHP
- the 'comedy' rear aero deck
- the electric overboost switch
- the RALLIART Dymag front wheels and rally tires
- Limited slip differential
He also said that it’s the last Starion ever registered in the UK and that its roof had been autographed with “this is the best car in the world, Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear.”
According to Sky Motoring, the program featured Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond all buying cheap coupes to compete against each other.
Clarkson’s Starion came up against May’s Jag XJS and Hammond’s BMW 635 CSi.