Audi Announces Record Monthly Sales for May 2013
text size: A- A+
“America is responding to the Audi brand; our dealers just can’t get enough cars to fill market demand,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Our sales momentum is playing out across the country and across our product lineup.”
The 29th consecutive month of growth was achieved with the help of the A5 class, which saw a huge 48% jump in demand. The Q5 crossover also saw huge surge in customers, 45% more than last year.
Here are the major highlights of the May 2013 sales results:
• Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 17 % for the S4 sedan; 38% for the S5/ RS 5 Coupe; 26% for the S5/ RS 5 Cabriolet; 12% for the S6; 14% for the S7; 18% for the S8; 47% for the TTS / TT RS coupe and 38% for the TTS Roadster.
• Audi A5 sales up 48% compared to May 2012; YTD sales grew 20% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 4% compared to May 2012; YTD sales grew 18% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi A8 increased 12% compared to May 2012; YTD sales grew 29% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 45% compared to May 2012; YTD sales grew 38% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 38% compared to May 2012; YTD sales grew 42% compared to previous period.
• Audi sold 413 allroad models in May, bringing YTD sales to 2,171 of the sport wagon.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 13% for the A3 TDI, 11% for the A8 TDI and 26% for the Q7 TDI. A3 sales in May 2013 were down substantially as the brand prepares for the arrival of the all-new A3 sedan in early 2014.
• For the record-setting month of May 2013, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A5, allroad, Q5, and Q7.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 4% to 3,475 vehicles in May; YTD increased 5% to 15,786 vehicles sold.
UP NEXT: VW USA Reports Best Ever May Sales for Passat and Jetta Tip: navigate with ← and →
AUDI cars we've tested
all testdrives →