Arrinera Supercar Set for Production
Before we start the telling you what the car is all about, we have to mention that its chassis was designed by Lee Noble, a man who’s carrier has included work on the McLaren F1, the creation of the British supercar company that bears his name and, most recently becoming a shareholder of Arrinera Automotive S.A.
The vehicle is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 engine that delivers 650 hp and 605 lb-ft (820 Nm) of torque. The vehicle comes with matching stopping power, a it uses 380 mm front and 350 mm rear rotors, with 6- and 4-piston calipers, respectively.
As for the connection to the road, the is established via all-round multilink suspension and 19-inch alloy rims with 255/35 tires for the front axle and 335/30 tires for the rear one.
Here’s what the car can do:
• Brake deceleration of 1,1-1,3 g (10,79-12,75 m/s²),
• Power/weight ratio of 1,1-2,9 kg/1HP,
• Acceleration 0 - 200 km/h below 10 seconds,
• Acceleration 0 - 300 km/h below 30 seconds,
• Acceleration to 100 km/h below 4 seconds,
• Braking from 300 to 0 km/h below 7 seconds,
• The 0-300-0 km/h test below 40 seconds,
• Cornering g-force over 1.3 g ,
• 1/4 mile time below 12 second
The company has finished working on the prototype, so throughout the next year or so, it will test it in order to release the production version, which is expected to be priced at GBP100,000 ($158,000 or EUR115,000).
In addition to that, Arrinera Automotive plans to develop a new model, that will be offerd for two thirds of the aforementioned price, being an extremely lightweight roadster that will be powered by an engine with an output of betwen 200 and 300 hp.
❐ Check out the Arrinera Supercar Set for Production photo gallery