Another Tata Nano Goes Up In Flames
Now, the third Nano (that we know of at least) went ablaze in New Delhi, only a couple of months after Tata, the manufacturer of the vehicle, had a looksie into the two previous fires and said there's nothing wrong.
According to India Times, the car caught fire in a parking lot in Aurobindo Marg on Friday, while the owner of a vehicle, Supreme Court advocate Patrick John, was still inside the car. The man says that as he was waiting inside the car, sparks began flying from the rear engine compartment. The car turned to ash in about two minutes, he says.
"I was waiting in the car, having just parked it, when sparks started coming out. Thankfully, I managed to leap out of the car in time. I shudder to think what might have happened otherwise, since it was all over so fast. The entire car was destroyed in two minutes flat," the advocate told India Times.
Tata announced on Friday that they launching an investigation into the incident, but those with knowledge of the matter already begin placing the blame for the fires on the owners. According to some experts, the fires may be caused by improper wiring of aftermarket systems like power windows or audio systems.
Video of the Burning Nano can be viewed here.