Alpine Electronics Launched its 1st iPod Digital Media Station
“More than ever, consumers want to use their portable digital media players in the car and enhance this experience with great sound and visuals,” said Keith Holness, National Sales Manager, Alpine Electronics. “The iXA-W404R provides a fun, new way for consumers to control and experience all the digital content they are carrying around in their iPod, iPhone or portable device.”
Some of the features of the iXA-W404R iPod controller are:
- Double-action rotary button or a 4.3-inch QVGA colour touch-screen;
- AM/FM tuner;
- High-speed USB connection;
- Connectivity to any USB-based portable music player or memory device;
- Seven display widgets (including a clock, calculator and a calendar), with the possibility of viewing 4 widgets on the screen at once;
- Percentage Search and Page Skip functions;
- Control of the car phone functions;
- Wireless streaming of music from A2DP-enabled Bluetooth devices;
Alpine’s KCE-400BT Bluetooth Interface Module (sold separately) allows mobile phone conversations to be heard through the vehicle’s sound system. The unit is also GPS navigation-ready for Alpine’s optional navigation products.
The iXA-W404R Digital Media Station has a typical selling price of £499.99, while the KCE-400BT Bluetooth Interface is available with a typical selling price of £149.99.