Akio Toyoda Creates Global Quality Task Force
In an effort to move the company into the right direction, Toyota Motor Corporation President Akio Toyoda has addressed the press today. After expressing his deepest regret, Toyoda emphasized the company’s commitment to quality and announced establishment of a global quality task force that will conduct quality improvement activities region by region.
The Committee headed by Mr. Toyoda will have a six point action plan:
1) Improve Quality Inspection Process - Toyota will once again inspect every process, while verifying the causes that led to the recalls, including quality in design, production, sales and service.
2) Enhance Customer Research - Toyota will enhance the customer information research offices in each region to collect information faster.
3) Establish an “Automotive Center of Quality Excellence” in key regions to further develop quality management professionals
4) Support from Outside Experts - Toyota will seek confirmation and evaluation from outside experts—in line with the industry's best practices—of its newly improved quality control management, based on the above improvements.
5) Increased Communication - In addition, Toyota will work to increase the frequency of communication with regional authorities.
6) Improve regional autonomy - To provide customers with satisfying products in each and every region, Toyota has long promoted the autonomy of its regional subsidiaries. We intend to further enhance this autonomy, listen carefully to each and every customer and improve quality.