Adventure Motorcycling Handbook Reaches the 6th Edition
It's the third decade for this book: it was published under this title back in November 1997, but it was a follow-up extended version of the original Desert Biking published in late 1993. The present edition (AMH6) is a great aid in planning a motorcycle-based long trip in certain areas and covers a lot of topics, such as:
• planning, sponsorship, riding seasons, fuel prices
• bike choice and recommended models
• the gear: what you need, not what you can buy
• a new section on road legal quad bikes from the Quad Squad
• Life on the Road: borders, comms, police trouble, satnav, filming and moto troubleshooting
• Comprehensive overland route outlines in Africa, Asia and Latin America – aka: the Adventure Motorcycling Zone (AMZ)
• Contributions from among others: Lois Pryce, Walter Colebatch, Gaurav Jani, Grant Johnson and many other two-wheel adventurers.
The AMH6 is now addressing a wider group of adventure biking enthusiasts with a lesser level of in-depth knowledge on mechanics and the like. That's why the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook now sports more comprehensive and detailed explanations and is able to help more riders. For availability and more info, please check the AMH6 website.
❐ Check out the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook Reaches the 6th Edition photo gallery