ABT Shows Modified Golf R
After some work has been done on the standard car, the ABT Golf R will produce 310 hp instead of 270 hp. The modification helps the car reach 261 km/h and sprint from a standstill to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds.
“The compact car is really good fun, particularly on corners", states Hans-Juergen Abt. For the General Manager of ABT Sportsline each Golf is a challenge which he and his team are happy to confront: "VW gave the Golf dynamism when it was in the cradle - it defines sportiness in its class. And the Golf R is the champion of fast Golfs."
Some work has also been done to the car’s appearance. The ABT Golf R gets the ABT Daytime running lights, front apron and front lip. Clients can also opt between two 19 inch wheel models. The price for has not been announced yet. The tuning package includes:
ABT ENGINE TECHNOLOGY
- Engine: 2.0 TSI, 1984 ccm capacity
- Performance tuning: ABT
- Power Performance: 310 HP/228 kW (standard: 199 HP/270 kW)
- ABT front skirt
ABT OPTICAL CHARACTERISTICS
- ABT daytime running lighy
- ABT front lip spoiler
ABT WHEEL TECHNOLOGY
- ABT BR wheel in 18 and 19 inches
- ABT CR wheel in 18 and 19 inches
- Available also as complete set of wheels with sports tires.