2014 Chevrolet SS Pricing Revealed [Photo Gallery]
“The all-new SS is engineered for performance enthusiasts who’ve been clamoring for a rear-wheel-drive sedan,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Adding the SS to the lineup further solidifies Chevrolet’s position as America’s best-selling performance-car brand that also includes the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray and Camaro Z/28.”
The Chevrolet SS is powered by a brand new LS3 6.2-liter small-block V8, which produces 415 horsepower (310 kW) and 415 lb-ft of torque (563 Nm), pushing the car from 0 to 60 mph in 5 seconds.
We think it's a bargain, considering you get a Corvette engine for less money than the Stingray. Standard kit is also very generous:
• High intensity discharge headlamps with Light emitting diode daytime running lamps
• Automatic Parking Assist
• Chevrolet MyLink with a color touch screen and GPS-based navigation system
• Bose® premium audio system – including SiriusXM radio (with 12-month trial)
• Color head-up display and color driver information center
• Dual-zone automatic climate control
• Alloy pedal covers
• Heated and ventilated front seats with memory
• Side Blind Zone Alert and Lane Departure Warning
• Rear-vision camera with rear park assist
• Keyless access and push-button start.
❐ Check out the 2014 Chevrolet SS photo gallery