2012 Mustang Cobra Jet First Info
That being said, how about some 2012 Mustang Cobra Jet? After all, we have a bunch of leaked info about the model to tell you about. Now, keep in mind though that the below features of the 2012 Cobra Jet have been leaked by a, from all places, a Puerto Rican Ford dealership, so...
The 2012 Cobra Jet will feature a 5.4l supercharged engine with a few tweaks which will allow it to develop 430 horsepower. Linked to it will be a 3-speed C4 Auto Race transmission. The unit is hoped to put the car in the quarter mid-8 range when using the 4.0l supercharger option for drag racing (available for $9,995).
Below is the list of modifications brought to the 2012 version.
- revised 5.4L supercharged engine
- aluminum engine block
- double keyed crankshaft
- manley H-beam rods
- improved low drag racing brakes by Strange Engineering
- improved rear suspension with revised rear upper control arm and lower control arm mounts
- revised and optimized spring rates front and rear
- new design black anodized Weld Racing wheels
- Cobra Jet Branded Goodyear tires in all new DR compound
- brake pedal 2-step switch
- NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior chassis
- 8.50et NHRA certified roll cage
- estimated weight of 3,200 lbs
- Cobra Jet trim and appearance package
- drag race wheel/tire combination (Rear Tire 30.0 x 9.0)
- Cobra Jet spring/adjustable damper tuning
- light weight low drag brakes