2011 Salon Prive Concours d'Elegance Details Announced
The event is headlined by a category named “100 Years of The Spirit of Ecstasy”, which is celebrating the centenary of the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. One of the first vehicles to be entered in the competition is a 1933 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Alpine Tourer, which will be joined by a 1927 Phantom I Udaipur Hunting Car, among others.
“Chubb is delighted to continue its support of the Salon Prive Concours d’Elegance. We’re thrilled to see this exceptional event expand in both size and prestige,” said Simon Mobey, UK & Ireland Personal Insurance Manager, Chubb Insurance.
Here are the remaining seven classes that cover road and race vehicles from two to four wheels:
• Class B – Grand Prix single seaters, up to and including the 1970s
• Class C – Ferrari 250 Competizione
• Class D – Grand Tourers of the 1930s and 1940s
• Class E – Road Racers of the 1950s and 1960s
• Class F – Oddballs: Unique designs and concepts with 3 or more wheels
• Class G – Isle of Man TT Bikes 10 Decades of Bikes
• Class H – Bikes from the Steve McQueen Era
The organizers announced that they are planning two important changes for 2011. The event relocates to the Syon Park, the London home of His Grace, The Duke of Northumberland and moves forward into June (22-24).