2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package Announced
Well, they sound expensive and rare. Shelby will only be manufacturing 1,000 Super Snake packages for the 2011 model year Ford GT500. They will begin being offered this month, at prices starting from $30,245, not including the car itself, of course.
“Ford Motor Company did a marvelous job making the 2011 model year GT500 lighter and more powerful,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American.
“Our team applied its experience building Super Snakes over the past several years to offer a package that dramatically increases the new car’s capabilities. And with the visual changes we’ve made, it will be a definite stand out on the road or track.”
Below are the offerings which make up the Super Snake Package for the 2011 GT500.
- Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger upgrade producing over 660 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
- either a Shelby/Ford Racing or Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger kit producing 750 HP with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges
- optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
- Borla exhaust system
- optional Shelby/ Eibach handling pack is also available
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
- Short-throw shifter
- forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
- optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
“We extensively tested our mods for the 2011 model car before we decided the package was ready for the public,” added Gary Davis, vice president of production and R&D at Shelby American. “For those who want more performance than the stock GT500 offers, the Super Snake will definitely meet their expectations.”