2010 Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer8 Unveiled
As said, the FZ8-series consists of two models, namely the naked FZ8 and the semi-faired Fazer8 with a front cowl and screen. A short muffler, narrow tank and new 3-part tank cover distinguish these bikes in a group.
The new FZ8-series 779cc engine is fuel injected, and uses both a throttle valve and an electronically controlled sub-throttle valve to provide additional control over intake airflow volume. Both the naked FZ8 and semi-faired Fazer8 models are available with optional ABS.
The power unit develops 106.2 PS (78.1kW) at 10,000 rpm, and a generous 82.0 Nm of torque at 8,000 rpm. The exhaust system complies with the EU3 standards, using a short, side mounted muffler and a 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with a honeycomb type catalytic converter fitted at the point where the header pipes meet.
The wheels are five-spoke cast aluminium rims – the front tyre is a 120/70 ZR17, and the rear is a 180/55 ZR17.
FZ8-Series Accessories include:
- Higher windscreen for the Fazer8
- Stylish flyscreen for the FZ8
- Seat cover
- Rear carrier
- 46L Topcase
- Passenger backrest for 46L topcase
- Innerbag for 46L topcase
- Grip heaters MC 120
- Passenger grab bars for the FZ8
- Main stand
- Radiator cover
- Engine guards
- Roller protectors
- Stylish license plate holder (available in April 2010)
- Stylish LED indicators in black, chrome and carbon look (available end May 2010)
- TF Touring tank bag for the Fazer8
- TF City tank bag for the FZ8
❐ Check out the 2010 Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer8 Unveiled photo gallery