2010 SAE World Congress Theme: Ecollaboration
"Collaboration is the answer," said Paul Mascarenas, vice president of Engineering Global Product Development for Ford and general chairman of the SAE 2010 World Congress. "The SAE 2010 World Congress is the catalyst to initiate this collaboration."
Also, the AVL Technology Leadership Center and the FEV Powertrain Innovation Forum will feature top-level management discussions throughout the week. Topics will include powertrain solutions, energy policy recommendations, technology transfer, smart grid technology, meeting environmental and fuel economy requirements, and fuel economy claims for PHEV and hybrid vehicles.
"The overarching goal here is to give attendees an opportunity to enrich their knowledge and their relationships," said Patti Kreh, Conference Director of the SAE World Congress. "Ultimately, this provides attendees with the tools they need to meet the challenges in today's global market."
SAE International 2010 World Congress is scheduled to be held between April 13-15, 2010, at the Cobo Center in Detroit. Along with the new technical program, the new SAE World Congress format will include:
- More time during technical sessions for attendee-driven Q&A with presenters
- Small discussion groups facilitated by industry subject matter experts
- Daily receptions on the new, "innovators only" exhibition floor that is open to proven industry innovators and solutions providers
- Creation of a pre-Congress attendee list to enhance networking opportunities
- Technology focused lounges that will be open throughout the World Congress for informal gatherings. Those focus areas include:1. Safety and testing; 2. Powertrain fuels, lubricants, emissions and environment and 3. Electronics/integrated design for manufacturing (IDM)/materials/sustainability