2010 Mercedes E-Klasse Estate Official Details and Photos
Designed to reflect the "new Mercedes style" debuted on the S-Klasse, the new estate boasts a combination of "concave and taut" surfaces, linked by edges and contours. Reminiscent of the shooting brake concept, the new E-Klasse boasts B- and C-pillars which appear to get lost into the car, giving the feeling of a single side window panel.
Being an estate, one of its defining traits is the loading capacity. The new E-Klasse has a boot capacity of 1,950l. To get to the compartment, the easy-pack tailgate can be opened automatically by using the ignition key or pressing the handle if the car needs to be loaded from behind. As was to be expected, folding seats help make the loading space bigger.
The E-Klasse estate is powered by a number of five engines developing in between 170 hp and 388 hp, all having been, according to Mercedes, optimized into delivering better fuel efficiency and fewer CO2 emissions. Engine list and prices for all the models are listed below.
- E 220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 6-speed manual – 170 hp, 5.7l/100 km (41 mpg) – 44,803 euros
- E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 6-speed manual – 204 hp, 5.7l/100 km (41 mpg) – 47,719 euros
- E 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY 7-speed automatic - 231 hp, 7.3l/100 km (32 mpg) – 54,204 euros
- E 350 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY 7-speed automatic – 292 hp, 8.9l/100 km (26 mpg) – 55,156 euros
- E 500 7-speed automatic – 388 hp, 11.2l/100 km (21 mpg) - 70,150 euros
In the first quarter of 2010, Mercedes will add an extra five engines, two diesel and three petrol: E 200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY (41,947 euros), E 350 CDI 4MATIC BlueEFFICIENCY (56,941 euros), E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY (42,721 euros), E 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY (47,719 euros) and E 350 4MATIC (56,941 euros).
As for standard features, it's a Mercedes, so our high hopes were fully met by the specifications of the new estate. The new E-Klasse comes with nine airbags as standard, Attention Assist, Distronic Plus, Pre-Safe Brake and Direct Control Suspension.
❐ Check out the 2010 Mercedes E-Klasse Estate Official Details and Photos photo gallery