2010 Kia Soul+ Awarded 'Best New Car For Your Teen'
"The Soul's high style and wide array of personalization options connect with consumers that are young and young-at-heart,Since going on sale last year, Soul has proven to be a game changer for the brand as evidenced by its impressive list of awards and consistent position in Kia's top-three best-selling vehicles each month," according to Michael Sprague, vice president of KPF.
As in most countries, insurance for new drivers in the US is very high, thus it comes as no surprise that the Soul+’s low insurance and maintenance costs, low price and high resale value of 56 percent all had a big say in the decision.
With its bold chunky front end and modern styling, the car easily stands out from the crowd, making it the ideal choice for young customers. Soul is available in four trims: “ Soul, Soul+, Soul! and Soul sport. It also has some very cool optional features to offer, such as an Audio Upgrade Package that includes speaker lights which pulse to the sound of the music or create ambient light.
Standard safety features include dual front advanced airbags, full-length side curtain airbags, an Antilock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Traction Control System (TCS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist System (BAS), front and rear crumple zones, side-impact door beams and impact-absorbing steering column.
Other awards won by the Kia Soul include:
- "Top Safety Pick" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- AAA's "Top Vehicle Pick for Dog Owners"
- "Best Family Cars for 2010" by Edmunds.com and Parents Magazine
- "Best Hatchback of 2010" by Cars.com
- "2010 Top Cars for Families" by Motherproof.com
- "Top 10 Coolest New Cars Under $18,000"
- "Top 10 Back-to-School Cars" for 2010 from Kelley Blue Book