2010 Honda Sabre Switchblade Pro Drag Concept
One of the three young designers from Honda Reseach & Development Americas located in Southern California involved in the project chose the Sabre to play with, and in just three months he achieved the result that you can see in the adjacent images.
The designer of the Switchblade had to stay within a limited budget, but that didn’t stop him from creating a truly amazing pro-drag concept.
Here's what Honda have to say about the 2010 Sabre “Switchblade” (Pro Drag):
“Taking the 2010 Sabre, designer Edward Birtulescu (Honda R&D Americas) conceived Switchblade. A racing inspired cruiser that took styling cues from Formula1 and MotoGP. With one look you know that Switchblade is fully committed to precision and performance. Full Carbon fiber dress, racing 3 way adjustable suspension and a single sided swing arm with a 535 chain conversion optimize the single focus of this design, speed. Switchblade has a mass centralized proportion to reinforce this super sport assault.”
- Stock frame, VT1300cc engine & tank
- (3way fully adjustable sport suspension
- Carbon fiber custom bodywork & spec seat
- 535 Chain conversion (Before shaft drive)
- Single sided swing arm conversion
- Racing spec calipers & rotors
- Carbon Fiber 18" rear wheel - Front wheel 21" carbon fiber
- Onboard GPS laptimer & data acquisition unit
- Oversize Billet Top and lower bridge
- Air/Box/cleaner Conversion
❐ Check out the 2010 Honda Sabre Switchblade Pro Drag Concept photo gallery