2010 Geneva Auto Show: Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse
A retractable cover separates the soft-top compartment from the boot area and it must be folded in order to close the soft top. If the roof is to remain closed, the cover can be slid rearwards, in which case the boot capacity is increased by 90 litres to 390 litres.
New features transform the convertible into a car that can be used all year long:
- AIRCAP automatic draught-stop: always on board and easily controllable at the push of a button, it reduces turbulence substantially for all four seat occupants
- Modified AIRSCARF neck-level heating system
- Acoustic soft top fitted as standard
The E-Klasse cabriolet is available with a complete engine line-up, including the new direct-injection diesel and petrol models. The low fuel consumption has been achieved thanks to innovative features such as on-demand activation of the steering and fuel pumps, the use of tires with low rolling resistance, and an alternator control system which takes account of the current driving situation and the vehicle's electrical power requirements, plus the crucial factor of aerodynamics. The Cabriolet's cd figure of 0.28 is the best in its class.
An overview of the engines :
- E 220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 125 kW (170 hp)
- E 250 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 150 kW (204 hp)
- E 350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 170 kW (231 hp)
- E 200 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 135 kW (184 hp)
- E 250 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 150 kW (204 hp)
- E 350 CGI BlueEFFICIENCY Cabriolet: 215 kW (292 hp)
- E 500 Cabriolet: 285 kW (388 hp)
❐ Check out the 2010 Geneva Auto Show: Mercedes-Benz E-Klasse photo gallery