2010 Ford Mustang Pace Car by Hurst
text size: A- A+
Thus, the company partnered with BFGoodrich Tires and created a supercharged 2010 Mustang convertible that will make its debut at the Ford Racing Mustang Challenge event held at Miller Motorsports Park on September 19.
The one-off pace car will further make special appearances on several race tracks, at car shows, parades and even SEMA, until it will eventually go under the hammer in January next year. Just as expected, the auction will have a charity purpose, with all the proceeds to benefit children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses.
The 2010 Hurst/BFGoodrich Ford Mustang Pace Car features include:
- 20-inch BFGoodrich g-Force KDW tires
- 20-inch Hurst polished, forged aluminum wheels
- Hurst Competition/Plus short-throw shifter with a gold anodized T-handle.
- 435HP ROUSH Supercharger engine
- Magnaflow stainless-steel exhaust and a K&N Air Filter
- Hurst-tuned Eibach Suspension, coil-over adjustable shocks, springs and sway bar
- traditional Hurst white on gold paint scheme
- Katzkin white on black interior with gold detailing
- Hurst-logoed floor mats
- Hurst AIR-SPEED rear deck spoiler
"Hurst and BFGoodrich both have wonderful rich histories in all forms of racing," said Nate Shelton, Chairman of Hurst Performance Vehicles. "We are proud to partner BFGoodrich to once again set the pace for others to follow and give something back to a deserving organization."
"We are excited to combine our proud legacy and racing heritage with Hurst's incredible creations," said Doug Brown, brand category manager at BFGoodrich Tires. "This year's pace car showcases the fun and excitement of the Ford Mustang Racing Challenge and the tires are a perfect match for the exhilaration."
UP NEXT: Toyota Reports 32.4 Percent Sales Boost in August Tip: navigate with ← and →
FORD cars we've tested
all testdrives →