2010 Concorso d’Eleganza to Celebrate Alfa Romeo Centenary
“Since this is Alfa Romeo’s 100th birthday, Alfa is obviously the ideal brand for the Concorso d’Eleganza this year,” Karl Baumer, the President of the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, said in a release.
“We are very happy indeed that Alfa Romeo is sending an outstanding choice of cars from their own collection to Lago di Como,” he added.
“Alfa has always been among the regular guests at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d‘Este. And what can be greater than highlighting an Italian brand in Italy – this at one of the most outstanding events for historical cars worldwide,” agrees Jean-Marc Droulers, the President of Villa d’Este.
Alfa Romeo highlights of the event include:
- 1925 RL Super Sport (body by Castagna)
- 1931 6C 1750 Gran Sport (body by Zagato)
- 1932 8C 2300 Spider tipo Mille Miglia (body by Zagato)
- 1938 8C 2900 B Lungo (body by Touring)
- 1949 6C 2500 Super Sport "VIlla d'Este" (body by Touring)
- 1952 1900 C52 Disco Volante spider (body by Touring)
- 1955 Giulietta Spider prototipo (body by Pinin Farina)
- 1967 33 Stradale prototipo (design by Scaglione)