2010 Bimota DB8 Detailed
With a dry weight of 171 kg, the Bimota DB8 uses less expensive materials than the DB7. Specifically, the carbon fibre bodywork has been replaced with plastic, the exhaust is made of steel rather than titanium and the chassis subframe is now made of steel rather than carbon fibre.
The goal in creating this model was the wider range powered Testastretta the need to combine the sporty character already amply demonstrated by the DB7, usability and practicality of a two-seat version.
“Bimota customers are used to being surprised with new and innvoative motorcyles offering unique design, good power and light weight – and many of them also have a wife or girlfriend that would like to come along. We are sure this design will be a big success,” stated Bimota’s Anna Carla Cuneo.
The new machine retails at EUR23,000/GBP20,300, with Bimota expecting to sell 250 units of this bike this year, which is quite a bold goal for this company.
Bimota DB8 technical specs:
- Engine: Ducati 1198 testastretta evoluzione, 4v twin cylinder 90°
- Displacement: 1198,4 cc
- Cooling System: liquid cooling
- (Compression Ratio: 12,7±0,5:1
- Maximum Power: 170 CV (125 kW) @ 9750 giri/min
- Maximum Torque: 13,4 kgm - 131,4 Nm @ 8000 giri/min
- (Exhaust System: 2 in 1 in 1, stainless steel
- Frame: welded 39NiCrMo4 tubing and machined 6082 aluminium alloy plates
- (Wheelbase: 1435 mm
- (Front Suspension: Marzocchi USD forks DLC fully adjustable
- Rear Suspension: Extreme Tech Monoshock fully adjustable
- Fuel Tank: 16 litres (4 litres reserve)
- (Total Weight: 178kg
- (Steering Angle: 25°
- Seat Height: 800 mm
- Overall Length: 2100 mm
- Overall Width: 700 mm
- Overall Height: 1115 mm
- Ground clearance: 135 mm
- Front Brake: Double 320mm Brembo floating disc, 4-pistons radial Brembo callipers, radial pumps
- Rear brake: 220mm floating disc, 2-piston Brembo calliper
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17 Dunlop Sportmax GP Racer
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17 Dunlop Sportmax GP Racer
❐ Check out the 2010 Bimota DB8 Detailed photo gallery