2009 VW Jetta TDI Cup Broadcast Schedule Announced
Moreover, the carmaker will soon be releasing the broadcast schedule for its season documentary, “Racing Under Green,” a 60-minute film that takes an inside look at the series and which will air on the Discovery Channel.
The Jetta TDI Cup car is powered by a 2.0-liter, 170 hp, four-cylinder TDI clean diesel engine mated to a six-speed, double-clutch, automatic DSG transmission. The car is only slightly modified from stock, as it now has Pirelli racing tires, race suspension and brake components, drivers racing safety seat, FIA roll cage and an on-board fire extinguisher system.
Series sponsors include: Pirelli, Bosch, ViON, Castrol, Oakley, Red Bull, HYPERFUELS, Aggreko, defNder, Lamin-X, Meguiar’s, Sherwin-Williams, Chicagoland VW, Safety-Kleen, Ringer Gloves, Jim Russell Racing School and Trellis Earth.
Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup TV broadcast schedule (all times Eastern) for the first seven races of the season are listed below:
- December 6, 5 pm - Virginia International Raceway - Race #1
- December 6, 5:30 pm - Virginia International Raceway - Race #2
- December 6, 6 pm - Miller Motorsports Park - Race #3
- December 6, 6:30 pm - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Race #4
- December 13, 5 pm - Autobahn Country Club - Race #5
- December 13, 5:30 pm - Road America - Race #6
- December 20, 5:30 pm - Mosport International Raceway - Race #7