1969 Shelby GT500 Owned by Carroll Shelby Auctioned [Photo Gallery]
For example, the musclecar depicted above is just one of eighteen finished in Grabber Yellow and only one of only three built with a 3.50 Traction-Lok rear axle. That’s instant collectible status if you ask us, but this stunning pony has something else attached to it: the fact that Carroll Shelby himself owned it and drove it until 2003.
Restored by its current owner, the vehicle comes with full documentation and paperwork, only 4,317 miles on the odometer and a copy of the California release of liability signed off by Carroll Shelby. This perfectly restored Shelby will be auctioned through Mecum Auctions in Monterey next month and we bet it’ll fetch a respectable amount of hard-worked bucks.
1969 Shelby GT500 details:
- Fully documented, matching numbers 428 CJ engine with close ratio 4-speed transmission
- 1 of only 3 produced with a 3.50 Traction-Lok rear axle
- 1 of 18 in Grabber Yellow, full Marti Report
- Current owner has spent 10 years completely restoring this car, having just completed the nut and bolt restoration
- Copy of the California release of liability signed off by Carroll Shelby, next to the registered owner now
- Engine was rebuilt just before current owner purchased
- 4,317 miles on car in 2003
- Restored to as close to showroom condition as possible
- Many original Ford OEM factory parts were found and used in the restoration of this car
• Paperwork dating back to 1969
❐ Check out the 1969 Shelby GT500 photo gallery