Everything about CONDOR
CONDOR Brand History
The Condor adventure started in 1893, when Edouard Scheffer, a Frenchman, built a factory for metal products in Courvaivre. In the same year, when he and his brother created a factory named “Scheffer Freres”, the English and the French knew the explosion of bicycle production. The Swiss postal services and the army began to buy these products, so there was plenty of space for this new kind of horseless vehicle. In order to meet the market demand, a small motorcycle - in fact a reinforced bicycle with 1.5 HP, no gears and no clutch - was developed. It could reach a top speed of 50 km/h. After it, two bigger sisters arrived, with 3 HP and 5 HP engines. The first step was made, so the factory changed its name in 1901, calling itself “Manufacture Suisse des Cycles et Motos” and after a while, “Condor-Werke-AG”.
The year 1908 came with a light 1.25 HP version with a Motosacoche engine, which had no gearbox and featured bicycle pedals. Before 19... continue reading CONDOR history →