How to Use BMW's Apps [Photo Gallery]
That poses one question: how to use all of these apps? It's really easy. Depending on what platform you're using, all you have to do is download the BMW Connected App from your specific store.
For iOS users you can find it here, for Android, it's right here. Once installed you have to connect your phone to the car. In case you don't have a cradle for your iPhone, you can build your own following our easy DIY.
After connecting to your car's iDrive system things are really easy and straightforward. Amongst the apps you can use you'll find:
- RSS reader - for news. You can add you favorite news channels to check on your car's screen
- BMW Last Mile - it memorizes the last known position of your car using the GPS system. Very useful in case you forgot where you parked your car
- ECO PRO Analyser - will analyze the way you drive making various suggestions to reduce fuel consumption (only available for cars with Professional Navigation system post July 2012)
Another interesting app is BMW Remote. This one allows you to turn your iPhone into a proper remote for your car. you can open/close the car from a distance, honk the horn, turn on the headlights and other stuff.
Other apps specifically designed for BMW include:
- Aupeo! - Personal (internet) Radio
- Audible - audiobooks from Amazon
- Snippy - audiobooks
- Stitcher - collection of web radios
- TuneIn Radio - over 70,000 online radios around the world
- Deezer - online on-demand music service
- Pandora - world's biggest online music service
❐ Check out the How to Use BMW's Apps [Photo Gallery] photo gallery