Five Reasons Why BMW 4 Series Is Better than Audi A5 and Mercedes C-Coupe
Here are some of the reasons we think the F32 BMW 4 Series is a better car than Audi's A5 or Mercedes C-Class Coupe:
1. The cheaper Audi A5 comes with front wheel drive and a 1.8-liter TFSI engine or a 2.0-liter TDI. By comparison, the BMW has all the right moves, being equipped with rear-wheel drive, like any good coupe should be.
2. The A5 is based on the A4 saloon, and while that's great if you want a soft, pleasant car, but not so great for handling. Most of the engine's mass is situated in front of the wheels, which creates a tendency for understeer. By comparison, most of the engine on a 4 Series is behind the front wheels, which improves balance.
3. BMW has managed to keep bang up-to-date with its new models, while its rivals have not. While the 4 Series is brand new, its rivals are much older and this shows in the quality of the materials used and in the Mercedes C-Class Coupe in the Command infotainment system.
4. Endless customization options are available for the BMW 4 Series, from wheels, interior trim, to full body kit and a vast catalog of performance parts. Want your 435i tuned? No need to go to somebody else, because BMW will do it for you and keep your warranty intact.
5. Finally, there's the cult status any BMW comes with. Every time BMW launched a new series model, especially a two-door, it remained embedded in our subconscious for a long time. Just think of the original 6 Series or the 8 Series. By comparison, the A5 replaces a relative market flop, the A4 Cabrio, and Mercedes has been playing in the segment without any noticeable success story.
comments written so far
I test drove all of these cars mentioned here in the month of October, try driving them, then comment. I chose the 428i xdrive sports edition, not based on any reviews but the driving experience