BMW E92 M3 Competition Goes Around Magny-Cours Circuit [Video]
The M3 finished in 1'24''90, well above the Audi RS5 with its 1'26''40. That's not the only car beaten by this M3. The Porsche Boster S 981 finished in 1'25'11 and the 1 Series M Coupe finished in 1'26''50.
All those numbers sound good. The main surprise though, is the 1 millisecond difference between the E92 M3 and the F10 M5, the first one finishing in 1'24''90 and the latter in 1'24''89!
Now that really is a small difference and, we're sure, in some other weather conditions, it would be the M3 than finished first.
The Competition Package contains:
- 19-inch BBS spin-cast (flow formed) alloy wheels (marketed as "forged"); 19"x8"front, 19"x9.5"rear: weigh 12 kg (26 lbs).
- Specially tuned spring rates for the Competition Package;
- CSL steering rack: More direct steering ratio of 14.5:1 (vs. standard M3's 15.4:1)
- CSL's M-Track Mode DSC with a button mounted on the steering wheel (deletion of cruise control and steering wheel mounted radio/phone controls)
- CSL's Compound cross-drilled rotors; larger front rotor of 34.5 cm (13.6 inches) from 32 cm (12.6 inches) with black painted calipers
- Alcantara steering wheel and hand brake
- Unique cube aluminum interior trim.