2014 DTM Championship Will Include Venues in China and Hungary
For the first time in 26 years, the DTM cars will return to Hungaroring, in Hungary. The last time the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft took place here was in 1988 so you know this is going to be a special race.
Furthermore, China will be making a comeback too, after already hosting the DTM in 2004 and 2010. At the moment the officials haven't decided over the location in Asia, having to pick between Shanghai and Guangdong.
The season will kick off on May 4th, at the Hockenheim, of course, and will end on October 19th, at the same track, as usual. Here's the schedule, at the moment:
- 4th May Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (DE)
- 18th May Metropolis Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (DE)
- 1st June Hungaroring Budapest (HU) *
- 29th June Norisring (DE)
- 13th July Moscow Raceway (RU)
- 3rd August Red Bull Ring Spielberg (AT)
- 10th August Nürburgring (DE) **
- 14th September Lausitzring (DE) *
- 28th September China (CN) – TBA
- 19th October Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg (DE)
“We welcome the DTM’s clear commitment to its German roots, as well as the return of the series to China and Hungary. The Chinese market is one of the fastest growing in the world, and is of great importance to BMW. The Formula One Grand Prix at the Hungaroring shows every year just how enthusiastic the Hungarians are about their motorsport. I think there will be a great atmosphere,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt.
* Subject to promoter agreements
** Date to be confirmed